Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Time To Go Home

Ahh time really flies.. 3 months have gone and now I'm preparing to go back to Singapore. South Korea, an interesting country with super friendly and helpful people around. A place where I have many first-time. First time staying out of Singapore for so long, first time not having parents around me to nag and look after me, first time i have to stay with someone I don't really know for so long, first time dyeing my hair, first time curling my hair, first time staying in guesthouses and not hotel, first time staying in a tent even though I'm not in a camp, first time not having a place to stay for a night, first time eating live octopus, first time eating a asparagus, first time seating on a train for 5 hours, first time seating on express bus for more than 3 hours for a few times, first time buying so many facial products, first time getting treated by so many people so many times, first time not laughing at jokes cos I don't understand, first time eating so much food at a pantry, first time receiving pay in a foreign currency, first time having to talk with many hand actions to aid listener from understanding what I'm trying to say.. So many first-times here. I will not forget my stay here as an intern, with many helpful colleagues who will go all the way out to help you.

I believe I have grown up much more as compared to the 'me' I was 3 months ago. I learnt about independence, I learnt about freedom is not so much of freedom, I learnt how to take care of myself and managing finances. Most importantly, I learnt more about a start up. I learnt about social media marketing, which is not as easy as we have thought it would be. I learnt about getting audience to be engaged and continuously engaged. I learnt about what are the appropriate things to say. I learnt how to think strategically and many more.

My last weekend that I have in South Korea was spent at Daegu with a few other IS friends. It is the third largest city in Korea, after Seoul and Busan. It is very warm over there as the land shape is concave, just like Nan Jing. So all the heat will be trapped in that area. And during winter time, it will be extremely cold. The first day there was a shopping spree at Seomun market. I managed to get my waterproof bag there at a cheaper price! I also saw a very nice tom-look-alike shoes but they don't have my feet size.. So I didn't get to buy it :( There are many ajushis and ajumas there.. I think most of the youngsters have already gone to Seoul or Busan instead.. So there are many auntie's and uncle's clothes.. We also went to a place that is something similar to the queens way shopping centre where they sell many cheap branded sport stuff. But when we went there, the stuffs were not that cheap...

The next day, we went to a park called Dalseong park which is the oldest park in Daegu. It is a park with many animals, like a zoo cum park. Apparently the government is supporting the park and providing for these animals as it is the oldest park there. We also went to another park where the chicken and beer festival is held. We didn't get to join the festival as it is held in the night and by the time, we need to leave Daegu back to Seoul already. We were looking for the "Colourful Daegu" sign for a long long time, only to realise that it was very near us and it was covered by the tents for the festival -.- We were so happy to take picture with the sign as we thought we have to leave the place without having the chance to take picture with the iconic sign.. Phew.. At first we wanted to go to the Mt. Palsong but it was too far away and we did not have the time to do so.. I guess I will come back to Daegu again to have a better view of the place. I want to see the huge Buddha on the mountain!

For the next few days and one weekend, we spent our time shopping and clearing our shopping list. So many things to buy for ourselves and our friends. There is this shop, near Ewha, that is a wholesale place that sells all the brands at a cheaper price and I spent 300+ dollars over there. I managed to clear everything on my shopping list and was sooo happy! This is the first time I bought so much from a shop! (another first time)
As it is a must-do thing to do your hair in Korea, we wanted badly to go to a salon to get our hair done. Our colleagues helped us to search for a salon with our budget and booked a salon. Thanks to her, we managed to get our hair done according to what we want as the hairstylist there don't understand English at all.. As the salon just opened, they were having 50% off to everything! So I got my hair cut + dye + perm + wash a few times all at 100,000won! Hehe! And they serve us drinks too!

We went Bupyeong too which is somewhere near Incheon (out of Seoul) and the shopping place there is crazily big! Hahhaa! Bought many shirts and dress at 5000 and 10000won each! Super cheap! We also went to Gangnam underground shopping centre which is at Express Bus Terminal Station (not at Gangnam station fyi). It is something similar to Bupyeong but a smaller scale. Nonetheless, we still spent a lot of time and money there clearing our shopping list! Hahah! I bought 2 pairs of shoes there, all made in korea. Hehe! A wedge with short heel and a covered shoes that look really atas! Haha! Anyway, I'm contented. Nothing else to buy. Time to save money and exchange all the won with my friend. I need to save some for the air parcel for the things I have bought on behalf of my friends.

Leaving the company is kind of the most painful thing now... I hope I can go through this without tearing! (Cos I always cry). I can always meet up with the colleagues when I have the time and money to visit Korea again. So nothing to be sad about! I kind of miss my home and friends too.. But there are too many things that I need to settle once I'm back in Singapore due to my exchange trip the next semester..

So to Korea and my internship company, Annyeonghegeseyo and Kamsahamnida! I will be back! Muahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment