Yay! The company's event is up and going in fb now! At the start, getting people to like the page was really difficult and tiring.. It is something like asking your friends to return you a favour cos you have done something like this for them in the past too... We waited anxiously for more participant's email to come. When the dateline was up, there was only 5 photos... Very disappointed as we were hoping for at least 10+ photos.. And the number of likes for the page was still lower than expected. So we started reflecting on what could we have done wrong for the contest and tried to resolve it. We realised that the period of time given for a photo contest should not be too short as there are many steps for the participants to complete in order to enter the contest. Hence more time should be given to them. So we extended the deadline for submission for the contest. To our surprise, we receive more and more entries and right now, we don't have to ask anyone to like the page and they will like it themselves. It is like your participants are doing the job for you to ask people to like the page.. The interesting thing is we do not enforce the voters to like our page but they will like it on their free will.. Sometimes I wonder what motivates them to like the page even though they are not participating in the contest. So everyday when I go to work, the first thing I would do is to switch on my computer and check the email to see if there are any new entry, then I would go to fb to check the number of likes for the page, then the number of likes gained for each participants photo.. It has become a daily routine for me.. Hahaha! I'm looking forward in meeting the winners in July when I'm back in Singapore! :)
It's weekend again! Outing here we go!
Mt Seoraksan, Sokcho
3rd mountain we conquer in Korea! This is the 3rd highest mountain in Korea. Sokcho is a place which is 3 hour bus ride away from Seoul.. Yea another 3 hour like Muju... When we arrived, we went to place our bags in a hostel called "The House Hostel". It is pretty comfy, just like any other guesthouse in Korea. As the check-in is at 3pm and we arrived in the morning, we decided to park our barangs at one side and head off to the mountain.
We took bus 7 with a cost of 1,100 won and the bus ride is about half an hour. Mt Seoraksan is the last station, hence we did not have to worry whether we have missed the stop. There were many people around and most of them were going down the mountain instead of up.. Guess they started off pretty early. When we were about to start our journey, to our dismay, we have to pay an entrance fee of 3,500 won. Huh, pay money to climb mountain!? But since we were already there, so we decided to just pay and get up the mountain. There were many tourists around. Some ladies even wear heels!! I wonder how they climb up.. o.O
As we made our way up, we saw more and more people coming down.. We were wondering if it is too late to climb up the mountain.. The more we climb, the more people coming down. Until we saw an old couple climbing up, then we were slightly relived. So we followed them up the hill. As we climbed, we saw eateries and we were wondering if they have to climb the mountain everyday just to mend their restaurant. The higher we climbed, the more people we saw.. I would have to say these ajumas and ajushis are really fit and healthy. Even more fit than us.. 惭愧惭愧... When we were about to reach the top, we rested more frequently as we are more tired and the air is thinner. I almost wanted to puke and an ajuma offered me a sweet from jeju. That was a relieved for me and I managed to climb all the way up.
It was very misty so I was not able to take a good photo of the submit *sad*.. But the people we met on our way up was already a priceless experience. I bought a medal to reward myself having to climb so many mountains in Korea. To be honest, I really hate climbing mountains... Especially when the air is thin and you need more air. I think my lungs are not really that strong.. They feel like they were about to burst! Luckily they were still stronger than I thought. Hahaha!
During dinner time, we went to a barbecue buffet with all kinds of meat such as chicken, fish, pork, prawns and beef (I don't eat) and it only cost us 10,000 won! So cheap! Haha! But the auntie who attended to us was overly-friendly. She would come to our table and always ask us to eat when we are already eating..
Initially, my housemate wanted to climb the other even higher peak the next day.. But judging from how bad bad my lungs reacted the day before with a lower peak, I told her that I would prefer to go to the beach instead and she could carry on with the mountain expedition. But I guess both of us were tired.. So we decide to visit all the beaches in Sokcho. I would say that their beaches are clean and it does not differ much from any other sea.. I still love Jeju's beach!
We walked around the whole place while waiting for the arrival time of our bus back to Seoul. We saw the filming scene of 秋天的童话 .. As I didn't watch the show, I was not able to click with the place.. Too bad. There were many lighthouses and the scene up the lighthouse was good! However, due to the mist, we couldn't really see the mountain at the far end...
Before we head back to Seoul, my housemate ran to buy a box of chicken which was said to be a must buy if we visit Sokcho. It tastes good and somehow I feel that the chicken tastes like the chicken I have eaten when eating chicken and beer in Seoul. Haha!
On our way back, the journey took about 5 hours as there was a jam. I guess everyone is rushing back to the city to prepare for the next working day. Just like Singaporeans going to Malaysia... We usually get jams at the causeway when we return on a Sunday evening...
Busan
Busan!! The long-awaited trip! Ok, basically we have less than 2 days to explore the place. There were 6 of us in total and 2 of our friends came a day earlier than us. We took a 5-hour ktx there as we didn't want to spend too much for a direct train...
So first thing, once again, we visited the guesthouse to put all our barang barang then we headed off to the temple.
Yonggungsa Temple
It is a Buddhist temple situated on the mountain near the Haeundae station. It is very crowded there and has great scenery. That explains why it is so crowded. The temple faces the beautiful sea, making it a good place to 修行. Haha
Haeundae Beach
I was looking forward to go to this beach as many of the blog says that it is a must-go when we are at Busan. To my dismay, it is just like any normal beach with a lot of people there.. So we left the place 15 minutes later.. Hahaha
Daejigubap
A dish that was recommended to me by my Korean colleagues and he said that it was a must-try.. I doubt so >< It is just like a porridge with a lot of duck meat and the porridge was too bland to my liking..
After dinner, we went to the Gwangalli beach to see the Gangwan bridge. It was a beautiful night scenery and we had beer there. Hahah!
We met a Hong Kong lady in the guesthouse who shared the same room as us. She came to Busan to have a holiday and she was travelling alone. Brave soul! Then she asked if she could join us for our trip the next day. Being nice Singaporeans, of course we won't reject such request la.. Hahaha!
The next day, before we set off, we went to have MilMyeon which we failed to have it on the first day. It is much nicer than daejigubap. It is cold noodle with korea's popular chilli paste. Awesome!
Gamcheondong Culture Village
It is a place with a lot of colourful houses. It looks spectacular from far and there are many interestingly painted houses inside too! Definitely a must-go for Busan as I don't think you can find this anywhere in Korea. Hahha! The most interesting is I met my JC friend there! Such a small world.. We don't meet in Singapore even though it is so small but we met overseas instead..
Jagalchi Market
As many of you all know, this is a market that sells all fresh seafood. We had sashimi and live octopus there! At first I was quite reluctant to have it. But there were 7 of us to share the dishes.. So it was still alright. The live octopus freaked me out the most. Cos most of the time people would say that they eat these animals cos they have already died for us. So if we don't it, it will be a waste. However for this live octopus, it was still swimming happily in the fish tank and it is only when I want to eat it, then it has to die.. I'm so sorry....
The shop vendor sliced up the octopus into very small pieces and we used chopsticks to pick it up. It was wriggling on my chopstick and I gained much courage to eat it. Every time I pick one up, I have to look for more courage. Then at the end of the meal, I was rather tired..
We went back to Seoul at about 6+ and the journey is another 5 hours back... To my surprise, no one checked the tickets at all and there were many free-riders. These free-riders do not have a place to sit so they would take up any empty seat they see and get up when someone else boarded the train with the tix.. I would probably do that if my journey was much shorter. Haha! Kidding! There are entertainment room such as those arcades game and cafes in the train. Didn't know a train could have so many facilities.. Interesting..
High School Musical
We went to a High School Musical performance during one of the weekday. It is a performance showcased by Korean celebrity and one of the cast is from FT Island. My friends were excited about it but I have no idea who are they. Hahah! The show was AWESOME but the only thing is it is in korean and the subtitle at the side is in japanese.. Luckily I watched the movie before so I kind of understand what is going on.
I was amazed by their voices! It was really good! And the way they planned the stage... With such a confined space, they are able to maximise the use of it to show 3 different scenes at a go. The changing of the scene takes less than 5 seconds every time and everything was so clear cut and fast! Hahaha! I enjoyed myself very much, just like how I did for Nanta :)
I will try to put pictures in this and my previous post cos I don't wanna delay my publish date if not I will forget all the details of my trip. Haha! So photos later! Thanks for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment